Today’s post is long. Consider saving it for later if you don’t have time to read right now.
God’s idea of freedom is different than yours. Here is a list of reasons you may not be free:
1. You are still looking at your past with regret. You’ve made mistakes, and you cannot forgive yourself.
2. You blame others for your failure.
3. You still hold your oppressors responsible for your condition. God will avenge you.
4. You are still making the same mistakes you made before you accepted Jesus.
5. You are held hostage by past trauma. You dwell on it and continue to relive it over and over in your mind.
6. You don’t move past rejection.
7. You make others responsible for your happiness. Only you can control your feelings.
8. You are fearful. Fear will paralyze you. False Evidence Appearing Real. Fear is what we see in the news today. Take a break from the news.
9. You have little faith that your life will get better.
10. You reminisce about what could have been rather than moving on with what God has given you.
There are more, but that’s all I have for now.
Here are some ideas that will help you free your mind.
Pray and ask God how you are being held captive, then write down everything that comes to mind... even what doesn’t make sense. He will fill you in on the details as you begin praying about what he told you. I did this on the fly; I prayed, he answered, and I handled it with him then and there. Praying like this works well when on a long and lonely drive. It may be a good idea to ask God to give you recollection of any childhood trauma or events. Ask him to teach you how your life was shaped because of any issues he reveals. When you think you’ve unlocked all the chains, he will bring more things to mind, and that’s how you’ll know you’re on the right path. But remember, this is not a one-and-done type of prayer. It can take months to become free. You can only accomplish this through continuous prayer and a passionate relationship with the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit.
Just in case you think you don’t have any chains, you do. I didn’t know I had any, and when God started bringing things into my mind, I bawled like a baby. I can’t tell you how incredible it feels to be free, but you won’t know unless you make it a point to work on yourself.
Word of warning, it will make you question everything. You will be set free from all the lies you’ve been taught or thought! Your mind will be free, because God will open your eyes.
for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control. 2 Timothy 1:7
Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. Romans 12:2
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. Philippians 4:8
For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery. Galatians 5:1
Post a Comment