The stronger I grow in the Lord, the more I understand where Paul is coming from as he is trying to teach the Christians in Ephesus to clean up their act and walk in a manner worthy of God. This is not just for them, it is for us. This comes from Ephesians 4:17-32.
- Stop acting like you did before you knew Jesus. Vs 22
- Renew your spirit so it resembles God and His holiness. Vs 23-24
- No more lying. Vs 25
- Be angry, but then let it go. If you don’t, you leave the door open for the devil. Vs 26-27
- Don’t steal. Work for your money and the things you want. Vs 28
- Clean up your filthy mouth, or clean up your heart so that what comes out of your mouth is a good representation of Jesus. Vs 29
- Let go of all bitterness, wrath, anger, shouting, lying, and intention to do evil. Vs 31
The sum of this is, be kind and forgiving, because we have been forgiven by God. We are different from everyone else, we have the Holy Spirit and our lives should reflect that. Why would anyone want to be like us if our actions are like those who don’t know Jesus?
Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:42
Post a Comment