These days, everyone seems to like a checklist. We continually evaluate ourselves to see if we measure-up. Well, I have a surprise for you, a checklist! Today is evaluation day! The topic: “Marks of a true Christian.” This checklist comes directly from Romans 12:9-21. This is a TRUE/FALSE quiz.
- My love is genuine. I abhor what is evil; I hold fast to what is good. (9)
- I love others with brotherly affection and outdo others in showing honor. (10)
- I am not slothful in zeal, and I’m fervent in spirit, serving the Lord. (11)
- I rejoice in hope, I’m patient in tribulation, and constant in prayer. (12)
- I contribute to the needs of the saints and seek to show hospitality. (13)
- I bless those who persecute me; I bless and do not curse them. (14)
- I rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep. (15)
- I live in harmony with others. I am not haughty, but associate with the lowly. I’m never wise in my own sight. (16)
- I repay no evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all. (17)
- As it depends on me, I live peaceably with all. (18)
- I never avenge myself, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” (19)
- If my enemy is hungry, I feed him; if he is thirsty, I give him something to drink. (20)
- I am not overcome by evil, but I overcome evil with good (21)
Any false answers to this quiz will require you to repent, reevaluate your walk with the Lord, and prayer for the Holy Spirit to do a work in you. Do you measure up to God’s definition of a true Christian?